Sunday, May 19, 2013

My First Blog!

Welcome to the official blog of author Bradford Combs.

I'm a newbie writer who's just starting to dip his toe in the world of self-publishing. I've so far published my Romantic Suspense novel Cicada Song and my Juvenile Chapter Book The Adventures of Flitter & Plank. I'm happy to say that Cicada Song has done much better than I've ever anticipated and it's encouraged me to continue writing and self-publishing.

I am on the final stages of preparing for the release of my third novel: From the Ruin of Creation: Refuge Book One. It is a Christian Fantasy novel that I envision as being book one of a trilogy, though the number of books in the series can change depending on how it all falls on the page, but I'm pretty sure 3 books will be all I'll need. I'm hoping to have it published within the next couple of weeks. I will begin book two sometime late 2013 or early 2014... theoretically.

Beyond that, I'm 8 chapters into my fourth book, which is the second book of the Anderson Series (of which, Cicada Song is book one). The Anderson series is a series of novels that take place in the fictional town of Anderson, always containing aspects of Romance, Mystery, and Suspense, and often including some sort of Christian undertones. The goal is to make each book a stand alone story that can be read in any order, but those who read them in order will get a greater appreciation for the town and those who live there. Cicada Song featured the story of Ellis Barnes who came to visit Anderson and stumbled into a larger mystery while falling for a girl named Sara. Not Quite Home (book two of the series) is about Adam, a former Anderson resident who has been gone for ten years, returning home and recreating a life for himself, despite the fact that Anderson can never truly be home again. I don't want to say too much, but I'm loving what I'm writing so far and look forward to the time when I'm far enough to actually reveal some plot to you guys.

So there you have it. This is really just a simple starting post to give readers an idea of what's going on and what's coming. I look forward to actually getting into the thick of this page to really keep my readers up to date on my projects and to just connect with people, but for now, this is all you get. Keep your eyes glued, though. I'll be updating this puppy soon.

If you can't wait, however, feel free to check my links to facebook, twitter, and google+ for more immediate updates. You can also check out my new website at bradfordcombs.tk and look into my other works.

Thanks,
Bradford

No comments:

Post a Comment